•Please use Amazon Smiles account to shop and donate
•Don't forget to turn in your volunteer hours
• www.101highlandlakes.com/community-events for meeting info
• Need additional Facebook Administrator
Deb Bennett gave us an over view of what was going with the Golf Tournament "Stars of the Silver Green" scheduled for April 27th. It is a par 3 tournament and if you know someone that would like to sponsor a sign or team let Judy or Deb know. All of the money that is raised by sponsors goes directly to our grants and scholarships.
• The Golf Tournament still needs a few volunteers.
• If members want to attend the lunch to support the effort let Deb/Judy know. Lunch is $12 and attendees are encouraged to support the Silent Auction (cash/checks only, NO credit cards).
• April 15 is the deadline for Sponsorships
•April 19th is the deadline for Team Signups
HIGHLAND LAKEs SERVICE LEAGUE
Our program was presented by Laura Orr with "Country Cuzzins" Square Dance Group. She provided a brief overview of the social club and highlighted the benefits to include mental stimulation, exercise and fun. The group meets 7:00 - 9:00 pm Thursdays at First United Methodist Church in Marble Falls, TX. For more information contact Gene or Charlotte Broadway;
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Carolyn Richmond called the meeting to order. Inspiration was given by Pat Hatch in memory of former active member Peggy Jones.
(Pam Parsons, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Pam Rodgers, email@example.com) reported that April 16th is the Application Deadline.
(applications are on the HLSL website www.hlsl.org) NOTE: We have only received FIVE applications.
The Nominating Committee, Cheryl Webb/Linda Baker/Josette Newberry introduced the candidates for upcoming elections:
President: Heather Selepec
Vice President: DJ Yows
Secretary: Suzanne Hays
Treasurer: (Returning) Kay Dee Hughes
Additional nominations will also be accepted from the floor at the May meeting before officer elections are held.
Elections will be at the June Meeting
• The Helping Center food pantry need volunteers. Hours are M-Th 10 am - 12 pm and 1:30 pm - 3;00 pm. Contact Sam Pearce, 830-693-5689. They are also asking for raffle items for the Hoowdy Roo BBQ, Johnson Park, Marble Falls. Contact Sam Pearce, 830-385-4315**
•Library Thrift Store need help. Contact Virginia at 830.693.5120
Meals on wheels is in dire need of volunteers to deliver meals to elderly home bound. A commitment of 2 hours a week. Please call Nancy Conely at 512.639.1279 or 512.715.9717
• Reading Buddies Programin MISD - Register at https://education-connection.org. Attend a training and Complete backgraound check. For more information contact Chrystal Whiteside at firstname.lastname@example.org