HIGHLAND LAKEs SERVICE LEAGUE
The Bluebonnet Chorale entertained us with Christmas songs. They were directed by Mary Williams a former member of the HLSL
• Helping Center food pantry needs volunteers. Hours are M-Th 10:00am -12:00pm and 1:30pm – 3:00pm. Please call Sam at 830-693-5689.
• Library Thrift Store needs volunteers. Contact Virginia at (830) 693-5120.
• Meals on Wheels is in dire need of volunteers to deliver meals to elderly home bound. This is a commitment of 2 hours a week. Please call Nancy Conely at (512) 639-1279 or (512) 715-9717.
• Reading Buddies Program in MFISD – Register at https://education-connection.org, Attend a training and Complete a background check. For more information contact Chrystal Whiteside at Whiteside@mfisd.txed.net
Sherri also brought us up to date on the Special Needs Christmas Party, which was a huge success, with over 300 attendees this year.
Brenda Eubank and Merrill Laurentz brought us up to date on the progress of the Chuck Wagon Chow Down Auction which will be January 24, 2019.Tickets can be purchased for $35 each or a reserved table for $300. Also you can buy tickets at Chocolatte’s
Sherri Staley gave the Inspiration. She told a story about a young girl and her Grandma who gave up her Christmas gift in order to give the poor some warm blankets. The true spirit of Christmas.
• Walkway of Lights - November 16 - December 26, from 6 pm to 10pm
• There was a discussion on acquiring a storage unit for the holding of Auction and golf items.
• The Board recommended changing the designees of our fundraising efforts to be listed as "Scholarships, Grants, and Community Needs. It was voted and seconded.
• The Board recommended that dues for new members be $37.50 which would include the cost of ordering of a name tag by the Membership Chairman. It was voted on and seconded.