Installation of new officers – Linda Baker and Carolyn Richmond installed the new officers using the theme of puzzle pieces and how we fit together to make an organization.
President – Heather Selepec, Vice President – D.J. Yows, Secretary – Suzanne Hays
Treasurer – Kay Dee Hughes, Member at Large – Jo Walker
Pam Parsons and Pam Rodgers awarded a total of $13,200 to the following ladies in scholarships for their continuing education.
Bobbi Green is working on her Master’s Degree in Education
Virginia Gutierrez is studying towards becoming a dental hygienist
Sandra Hartline is working on an associate degree in nursing
Carie Shipley is studying to become a Family Nurse Practitioner
Chelsea Webb is completing her studies to become a licensed chemical dependency counselor.
• Wesley Respite Center at First United Methodist Church needs volunteers on Thursday from 9am to 1:30pm. Contact Barbara Van Tassel at 215(512)673-8608 at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Helping Center food pantry needs volunteers. Hours are M-Th 10:00am -12:00pm and 1:30pm – 3:00pm. Please call Sam at 830-693-5689.
• Library Thrift Store needs volunteers. Contact Virginia at (830) 693-5120.
• Meals on Wheels is in dire need of volunteers to deliver meals to elderly home bound. This is a commitment of 2 hours a week. Please call Nancy Conely at (512) 639-1279 or (512) 715-9717.
• Reading Buddies Program in MFISD – Register at https://education-connection.org, Attend a training and Complete a background check. For more information contact Chrystal Whiteside at Whiteside@mfisd.txed.net
Dates of Note:
Marble Falls Market Days – Saturday, June 12, 2019
Highland Lakes Haven – Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 2pm at First Baptist
HLSL Meeting September 11, 2019
NEW DATE for Special Needs Christmas Party – 12/13/2019, 2nd Friday in December
HIGHLAND LAKEs SERVICE LEAGUE
Carolyn Richmond gave the inspiration about
D-Day and service and what it means to us. She also had a handout with inspirational quotes on service to others.