Sherri Staley reported that the Special Needs Prom was a wonderful time for the attendees, including a limo ride. Thanks to Pam Parsons, Sandra Thompson and Linda Baker.
Kay Dee Hughes reported that the Mardi Gras party at her house on March 3rd was a great success and well attended. We hope to do more of these social events so that members will get to know each other.
• Helping Center food pantry needs volunteers. Hours are M-Th 10:00am -12:00pm and 1:30pm – 3:00pm. Please call Sam at 830-693-5689.
• Library Thrift Store needs volunteers. Contact Virginia at (830) 693-5120.
• Meals on Wheels is in dire need of volunteers to deliver meals to elderly home bound. This is a commitment of 2 hours a week. Please call Nancy Conely at (512) 639-1279 or (512) 715-9717.
• Reading Buddies Program in MFISD – Register at https://education-connection.org, Attend a training and Complete a background check. For more information contact Chrystal Whiteside at Whiteside@mfisd.txed.net
“PALS” for the attendees of Special Needs Prom March 8, 2019, 6pm – 9pm. Jewelry, shoes, clothing needed. Contact Sherri Staley. firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Nominating Committee will consist of Linda Baker, Josette Newberry and Cheryl Webb.
• We will have a New Website which should be completed by the end of August.
• Kay Herring and Deb Bennet volunteered to be on the committee to look into the cost of a projector using funds that were donated directly for this purpose.
• Carolyn would also like a committee to look into digitizing the scrapbooks
• Wanda Kaufmann encouraged us to support the Meals on Wheels Luncheon and Style Show at Lake Side Pavilion on May1st from 11:00am – 2:00pm. They were kind enough to lend us the table cloths for our dinner and auction.
• Donations to project Graduation 2019 can be made to Marble Falls High School.
Deb Bennet and Pat Hatch explained the way teams would be playing in the tournament. It is a par three scramble and no handicap needed. If you don’t have a team, let them know and they can place you. There will also be a putting contest. This is a fun and low pressure tournament and will go faster because it is only par three and a scramble. The committee still needs volunteers for the longest putt, registration and putting contest.
Thanks to Mary Kay Otto for the beautiful brochures she designed.
Merrill Laurentz gave the inspiration to celebrate spring. After the devastation of the flood you can see the hope for restoration in the bluebonnets.
Deb Bennett, Pat Hatch and Judy Salvaggio explained the Golf tournament and answered questions. Judy introduced FLO and the theme of the tournament, which is Stars of the Silver Green, since it is our 25th anniversary.. Deb showed some of the decorations they will be using. It is a par 3 tournament and if you know someone that would like to sponsor a sign or team let Judy or Deb know. All of the money that is raised by sponsors goes directly to our grants and scholarships.
Pam Parsons is chairman of the Scholarship Committee and Pam Rogers will be the chairman for the Grant Committee. The information is on the website and applications are available and can be downloaded. You are welcome to post the information at Churches and other organizations.
Michelle Noble reported that the Community Service Day was a great success with 6 program areas: The Library Thrift Store Booth on Main Street, Phoenix Center, Blessing in a Backpack, Boys and Girls Club, Candlelight Ranch and Burner County Child Welfare.
HIGHLAND LAKEs SERVICE LEAGUE
There wasn't a program today. Instead we had the Golf Tournament explanation and update and a explanation on the grant applications.
Dates of Note:
3/8 Special Needs prom
3/9 HLSL Special Projects Day
3/23 and 3/24 Hill Country Community Theater Fundraiser
3/25 KBAY Interview for the Scholarship information @ 7:45
3/30 Purse Bingo – Hill Country Advocacy Center
3?30 Paint the Town, Marble Falls
4/1 KBAY Interview, Golf Tournament 7:45
4/13 Bluebonnet Festival, Burnet – Literacy Fundraiser, Kathy Nichol has tickets
4/27 “For Ladies Only” Charity Golf Tournament (HLSL)
4/27 Golf Tournament Homeless Project by Highland Lakes Haven
5/1 Meals on Wheels Style show