HIGHLAND LAKEs SERVICE LEAGUE
• Helping Center food pantry needs volunteers. Hours are M-Th 10:00am -12:00pm and 1:30pm – 3:00pm. Please call Sam at 830-693-5689.
• Library Thrift Store needs volunteers. Contact Virginia at (830) 693-5120.
• Meals on Wheels is in dire need of volunteers to deliver meals to elderly home bound. This is a commitment of 2 hours a week. Please call Nancy Conely at (512) 639-1279 or (512) 715-9717.
• Reading Buddies Program in MFISD – Register at https://education-connection.org, Attend a training and Complete a background check. For more information contact Chrystal Whiteside at Whiteside@mfisd.txed.net
• Barbara Bluhm read a thank you note from Patty Hundley thanking our members for the great meals they brought to her and her husband.
• Don’t forget to use your Amazon Smiles account to shop and donate
• Send Mary Kay Otto Directory corrections or additions
• When two menu choices available, please have Choice #2 card visible.
• Reminder: Please have your luncheon check for $16 made out in advance.
• Don’t forget to take photos of your activities for the Digital Scrapbook, Facebook page and Web Site (hlsl.org) and turn in your hours.
Wanda and Darlene display one of the auction items.
Committee Co-Chairs needed – Membership - Josette needs a cochair to help welcome new members, and volunteers for door prizes and Special Projects Days
Social at Trendz was a success. The turnout was a good number for the space and enjoyed by all.
Merrill Laurentz gave a brief description of each organization receiving a grant and presented them with a check.
Carolyn also reminded the organizations to let us know when they have special events or have a need for volunteers.
Correspondence – Connie Morton announced members’ birthdays for the month of November.
Special Needs Party and Special Needs Community Calendar – Sherri Staley reminded us of the Special Needs Party. She passed out a Special Needs information flyer to assure that all know where and what to do. Each person has an information list of job description for volunteers. The party will be held Friday, Dec. 7th from 10:45 – 1:45. Questions can be referred to Sherri Staley at 830-637-7745. This party is important to our Special Needs Friends and thank Sherri Staley and her volunteers for making this such a success each year. She also let us know about the Special Needs Prom that will be March 8th.
January Auction/Dinner – Darlene Hargett & Wanda Kauffman. Tickets for the Chuck Wagon Chow Down and auction which will be held on Thursday, January 24th, 2019. Tickets can be purchased for $35 each or a reserved table for $300. Also you can buy tickets at Chocolatte’s
Darlene reminded us of the money we gave out for scholarships and the money we presented today to give to our grant recipients. This event is one of the ways we are able to provide the funds for these gifts. Two weeks before the auction and dinner we will have an ad in local newspapers but until then we need you to help get the word out. They also gave us a preview of some of the auction items that will be available to bid on. Wanda also reminded us that we will be playing the head
Directories -Mary Kay Otto announced the new directories are at the printers now and should be available at the next meeting.
*Volunteer Hours: 769 hours reported in October