HIGHLAND LAKEs SERVICE LEAGUE
Judy Breaux, Hospitality, and Judy Salvaggio, Golf Tournament Co Chair visit after the meeting.
* Committee Reports
Correspondence – Connie Morton, a new member will be taking care of Correspondence. Please keep her updated on any members who are in need of encouragement or of personal loss.
Special Needs Party – Sherri Staley updated us on the party and requested volunteers for the various activities where needed.
January Auction/Dinner – Darlene Hargett & Wanda Kauffman updated us on how their committee was progressing and asked for volunteers to sign up.
* Old Business
Committee Co-Chairs needed – Membership and Special Projects Days
Members needed for signup – Inspiration and Door Prizes
* New Business
Merrill Laurentz presented the Grant Committee recommendations to the members for a vote.
The next Service League Social will be at Trendz on Main Street in Marble Falls. It will be on Sunday November 4th from 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm. Members were asked to sign up to bring an appetizer or wine. Call Kathy Nicholl if you wish to attend.
*Dates of Note
• Burnet County BOPATE collection, Saturday October 13, 9am to 1pm at Marble Falls High
school. Batteries, oil, paint, antifreeze, tires, electronics accepted.
• Library Thrift Store Style Show and Luncheon, Tuesday October 23rd at First Methodist Church in Marble Falls, 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm; tickets $20.00.
• Bayside Bazaar, with lunch and style show, at Quail Point in Horseshoe Bay on Saturday November 3rd, benefitting the Helping Center, 10am to 4pm.
• HLSL Social at Trendz on Main St. on Sunday, November 4th,2pm to 4pm.
• Open Door Recovery House – Donor/Volunteer Appreciation Social Sunday, November 4th at Lakeside Pavilion; 5pm -7pm; Judge Gil Jones Speaker. RSVP by 10/15 @830-693-9292, hors d’oeuvres/desserts served.
• Walkway Light-Up Parade Friday, November 16, 2018 at 6pm
• Don’t forget to use your Amazon Smiles account to shop and donate
• Send Mary Kay Otto Directory corrections or additions
• When two menu choices available, please have Choice #2 card visible.
• Reminder: Please have your luncheon check for $16 made out in advance.
• Don’t forget to take photos of our activities for the Digital Scrapbook,
• Don’t forget to turn in your volunteer hours.
The Inspiration was given by Suzanne Hays
New Member, Carolyn Landers signs up to help Brenda Eubanks on the Chuck Wagon Chow Down Auction set for January 24, 2019 at Lakeside Pavilion
Helping Center food pantry needs volunteers. Hours are M-Th 10:00am -12:00pm and 1:30pm – 3:00pm. Please call Sam at 830-693-5689.
Library Thrift Store needs volunteers. Contact Virginia at (830) 693-5120.
Meals on Wheels is in dire need of volunteers to deliver meals to elderly home bound. This is a commitment of 2 hours a week. Please call Nancy Conely at (512) 639-1279 or (512) 715-9717.
Reading Buddies Program in MFISD – Register at https://education-connection.org, Attend a training and Complete a background check. For more information contact Chrystal Whiteside at Whiteside@mfisd.txed.net
Dr Chris Allen, the MFISD Superintendent presented a program on the School District Bond issue that will be on the November Ballot.
Kathy Nicholl introduced the program speaker for the meeting.